- News & Events
- Latest Updates
- About our villages
- Places to stay
- Pubs and Restaurants
- Local Services
- Shops and Businesses
- Clubs and Societies
- Village Halls
- Parish Council
- Local Magazine ‘Roundabout’
- A-Z Directory
- Contact us
Parish Council elections were held on 5 May 2016 for all nine seats on the Council. Prior to the election, Mike Mackenzie retired as PC Chairman in March (after 14 years in office) and was succeeded by Chris Woodley. Four existing councillors stood down at the election: Mike Mackenzie, Peter Randall, Brian Stanley and Nigel Woodward.
The remaining councillors (Tony de Guingand, Mrs Niccy Marriott, Ian McEwen, Mrs Georgie Warner and Chris Woodley) stood for re-election. Seven other candidates put their names forward. The existing councillors were all re-elected and were joined on the new Council by Duncan Batty, Mrs Lynne Butler, Jon Grant and Robin Wickham. The new Council will serve a four year term until May 2020.
At the Annual Parish Council Meeting on 17 May 2016, Chris Woodley was re-elected as Council Chairman and Robin Wickham was elected as Vice-Chairman. In February 2017, Ian McEwen resigned from the Council.
The current responsibilities of individual councillors are shown below. Where councillors have provided additional personal and contact details, you may click on their names to see this information.
||Council Chairman; Finance Chair; Management Group;Policy Group; KALC; Great War Centenary Commemoration|
||Council Vice-Chairman; Finance Committee; KALC; Brenchley Task Force; Matfield Task Force; Tree Warden|
|Duncan Batty||Brenchley Task Force; Transport;|
||Roundabout Correspondent; Rights of Way & Countryside Issues; Website|
|Tony de Guingand
||Finance; Matfield Pavilion Management Committee; Management Group; Cinderhill Wood|
||Management Group; Policy Group; Great War Centenary Commemoration|
|Mrs Niccy Marriott||Planning; Policy Group; Matfield Village Hall; Matfield Task Force|
|Mrs Georgie Warner||Planning; Police; Rights of Way & Countryside Issues|
* The Finance Sub-Committee consists of Cllrs Woodley (Chair), de Guingand and Wickham.
* The Planning Sub-Committee is chaired by Cllr Marriott who is assisted by Cllr Warner, plus two other councillors (on a rotational basis).
* Cllr Wickham will deputise for Cllr Woodley in representing the parish on the Kent Association of Local Councils (KALC).
* It is intended that the Brenchley & Matfield Task Forces will have primary responsibility for the War Memorials, shops, services (including public lavatories) and Christmas lights in both villages. The Brenchley Task Force will also take responsibility for the Jack Verrall Memorial Garden, the Brenchley Oak, Porter's Wood and the Millenium Seat. The Matfield Task Force will look after The Green, including the pond, chain fencing and parking.
The Clerk to the Council is Martin Powell whose contact details are as follows:
Telephone: 01892 723586